Here is a list of mostly non-posted and unadvertised administrative and supervisory positions that the Kids First Hoboken Board of Education majority hired over the last 7 months. Kids First might wish the public perception to be one of cutting administrative and supervisory positions but in fact, they have been very active at hiring administrators and supervisors this year- and almost always electing not to require posting or advertising for these positions:
1) Acting Interim Supervisor of Instruction: Mathematics (@ $500 a day)
2) Acting Interim Supervisor of Instruction: Language Arts (@ 500 a day)
3) Interim School Business Administrator (@$640 a day)
4) Acting Fiscal Specialist ($3200 a month)*
5) Fiscal Specialist Accountant- $65,000 a year
5) Interim Assistant Superintendent ($120,000 extended to $136,000 2/10)
6) Acting Interim Supervisor of Instruction: Special Education (@ $500 a day)
7) Acting Fiscal Specialist for Technology (@450 a day)
8) Legal representation: Eliminated in house salaried attorney and hired a firm per hour
9) Interim High School principal ($560 a day)
10) Hired two people to develop workshops for staff and parents
$1000 per session- 1.5 to 2 hrs not to exceed $10,000
11) Senior Accountant- $85,000 a year
12) Supervisor of Curriculum and Instruction: Humanities ($99,978.00)
Kids First, who said that under the previous administration the district was "administration heavy", has gone about systemically hiring 12 district administrators or supervisors during the past 7 months. The previous board majority reduced district administration by 25% over 2 years time.
Kids First may insist that the new hires are "interim" but if the positions are not needed, why hire them? If they are needed, why say the district was administration heavy when clearly MORE administrators were needed?
* "supportive and supplemental fiscal duties as needed"
Picture: Hoboken Board of Education posted by nj.com