HOBOKEN BOARD OF EDUCATION
March 17, 2009
TIME: 6:00 p.m. Ethics Training
7:00 p.m. Stated Session
LOCATION: Board Meeting Room
1115 Clinton Street
Hoboken, New Jersey 07030
1. Annual Board Ethics Update.
2. Introduction of 2009/2010 Preliminary School District Budget.
3. Review of Early Childhood Audit and Approval of Corrective Action Plan.
4. Approval of minutes.
5. Policy Manual Revisions – 6000 Series – 2nd Reading; 9000 Series – 1st Reading.
6. Revision of Mission/Vision Statement (QSAC).
7. Personnel: resignations, appointments, transfers and postings.
8. Possible closed session discussion on litigation settlement, current litigation, potential litigation and personnel items, discussion of negotiations with Hoboken School Employees Association and (HSEA) and Hoboken School Administrators/Principals Association.
9. Leaves of absence; Family Leave; Maternity Leave.
10. Utilization of facilities: outside agencies and community facility requests.
11. Fiscal reports, school reports, Board Committee reports, Board Secretary/Treasurer Reports, Fire Drill reports.
12. Possible discussion and/or action on the future of the school district’s facilities.
13. Attendance at workshops, field trips.
14. Approval of payroll.
15. Claims, regular and Workers Compensation Third Party Administrator.
16. School Choice Entry in Grades 7-12.
17. Possible participation in Henry Hudson Anniversary Tug and Barge Program.
18. Approval of NCLB Title 1 required SES Provider Contracts.
19. Approval of Pre-K Provider Contracts – FY10.
20. Amendment to 2007/2008 NCLB original application to include carry-over funds.
21. Apply for supplemental funds and extension of grand period – Reading 1st.
22. Cancel old outstanding checks.
23. Additions to contract awards.
Any matters relating to the above items may come before the Board. Please be advised that the Board may be required to go into closed executive session during this meeting to discuss litigation settlement, current litigation, potential litigation and personnel items.
Action may be taken on all agenda items.
Published by order of the Board of Education of the School District of the City of Hoboken.