Saturday, August 21, 2010

USING TEST SCORES TO OUT INEFFECTIVE TEACHERS- LARRY CUBAN ON SCHOOL REFORM AND CLASSROOM PRACTICE

"When I served as superintendent for seven years in Arlington, Virginia, the school board evaluated me annually. Boards members and I designed the evaluation. We agreed upon the criteria and the multiple measures to be used in reaching conclusions about my performance as school chief. While the discussions were private, the school board released to the public their judgment of my performance and my salary for the coming year. Because I was a highly visible public employee, taxpayers provided the funds to operate the schools, and I participated in the design of the evaluation, I had no reservations about the process or making the results public."

via Using Test Scores To Out Ineffective Teachers « Larry Cuban on School Reform and Classroom Practice.


Picture: Larry Cuban