Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Reflection on the First Month



As September comes to and end I feel that some progress has been made and getting an overall “gist” for much of the district in terms of basic operations of each physical campus. In general, I have found all the schools to be functioning well. The next few weeks will involve more classroom observations and discussions around issues particular to curriculum and instruction. I intend to talk to teachers, supervisors and administrators as I get a sense of the “enacted” curriculum. While no curriculum is formally written in the district, there indeed is SOMETHING that teachers are teaching. My job over the next 2-3 weeks is to get a good handle on this. The goal is to be able to then start having some serious discussions on curriculum development within the district.